All hints are in the comments!

Saturday, May 11, 2019

May 11, 2019


|| ||sorry, my computer is dead.

M E L P I

   |_||_|[ ][ ][ ]


O R D U P

   [ ]|_|[ ][ ]|_|


T U R F H O

   |_|[ ]|_||_||_|[ ]


C I Y P E R

   [ ]|_||_|[ ]|_|[ ]


the rabbits had been married for years and were a ---

"[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]"    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Image from the Internet, caption by Owen.
| impel, proud, fourth, pricey, "hoppy" couple.
The opening poem contains all the words (or variations of them) from today's Jumble.
Comments are welcomed!
Do not explicitly reveal any of the actual answer words until after closing time, but embedding them surreptitiously in comment sentences is encouraged.

4 comments:

OwenKL said...

Didre's parents were excited, her mother almost cried.
The couple were so hopped up on their school pride!
Tuition was pricey fodder,
But it had impelled their daughter
Thru her fourth year -- at Preschool Prep Applied!

Ol' Man Keith said...

Sorry to read of your techno woes, Owen. Valiant of you to carry on!
As for the bunnies, can't wait to see the adorable lil' guys in the cartoon. According to today's solution, they sure won't be flat-spirited solo acts.
Reminds me: when my mom became an empty-nester, she adopted a pet rabbit. Once I paid a Mother's Day visit & I recall raising a mild objection when she pulled up a high chair for the critter to eat his lettuce at the table with us.
I called him a name.
"Don't talk to your little brother that way," she scolded me. "You'll hurt his feelings!"
~ OMK

Sandyanon said...

Owen, I'm so sorry about your computer. I think it's wonderful that you posted the clues. I was able to go to the NOLA site referenced on this blog and see the cartoon tbere.
Your poem, though short, includes all the jumble words in one form or another,and it's a clever reworking of the cartoon ideas, I think.

Good luck with the computer, sincerely meant.

Misty said...

Oh dear, so sorry you have this sad computer problem, Owen. You are a really brave and loyal soul to help us out under these circumstances--thank you, so much. I had trouble with both the first and fourth words of the Jumble clues, and so could not have solved this one without Owen's poem. But there were the words, and that made the cute Bunny cartoon solution pop right up. Love the pretty straw hut with the nice walk up to the door and the fence, and also the cute skirt on the lady bunny. Sweet cartoon, thanks, guys. Have a good weekend, everybody.