All hints are in the comments!

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

31 Aug. 2022

Please go to
𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖌𝖔 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖚𝖓𝖊 - Mon. thru Sat. or
𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖌𝖔 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖚𝖓𝖊 - Sunday
for today's Jumble, Printable or Interactive. Then return here to discuss it! This 𝕮.𝕿. site was available from 6:00 pm yesterday (Mountain Time).
Monday thru Saturday, but not Sunday, you will also find a Printable version at the A𝖗k𝖆𝖓𝖘𝖆𝖘 𝕯𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖈𝖗𝖆𝖙-𝕲𝖆𝖟𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖊 , from about ~11 pm (MT) yesterday.
A color Interactive version is available from 3 am (MT) today at the 𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖌𝖔 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖚𝖓𝖊

Image(s) from the Internet.
The opening poem contains all the words (or variations of them) from today's Jumble.
Comments are welcomed! And couching them in Poetry is NOT required.

Since August 2022, Wordle brags and links to original jigsaw puzzles are also welcomed!

Do not explicitly reveal any of the actual Jumble or Wordle answer words until after closing time, but embedding them surreptitiously in comment sentences is encouraged.

11 comments:

Wilbur Charles said...

Reposting fln
What does a "splendid" in

Wordle 438 4/6

🟩🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

earn me? Is there an award?

WC

Ol' Man Keith said...


Today’s Jumble haiku:
Whenever the skies clouded up, pilot David would turn to his Heuristic ALgorithmic computer.
He might request, for instance,
“Give me a flight plan from L.A. to Miami, HAL.”
To which, HAL would sometimes respond (just to be mean),
“I’m afraid I can’t do that, Dave.”
…which would force David to take pencil, pad, & slide rule, and work the math.

Check (Dave) Out
A clever pilot,
but a bit thick, puzzling out
routes on cloudy days.
~ OMK

Misty said...

"Feisty Flight"

The night was very cloudy
and the passengers were a bit rowdy.
The pilot, who was Czech,
did all of his options check,
and as the clouds become more thick
did various switches flick.
In the end he solved the puzzle
and calmed down the passenger tussle,
and managed a safe landing
with everyone happily dis-banding.

Wilbur Charles said...

You Czecked all the boxes Misty. I gave you a wordle hint plus I start with a J word if possible(no E on #1)

WC

Wilbur Charles said...

Plus #2: Czech is another hint

Ol' Man Keith said...

Wordle 438 Hint: A noun, an adjective, & a verb;something awarded to the winner
Par = 3
Wordle 438 1/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
~ OMK

Ol' Man Keith said...

Same guy again, Misty!

Yes, Dave was half-Czech.
As I said, he could be a bit dim when it came to instrument flying, but that was mainly HAL's fault. Your passengers were lucky to be flying on one of his better days.
I think the regular rhythms of your lines also helped to keep them calm.
Happy Landings!
~ OMK

Misty said...

Woohoo! Woohoo! Thanks to Ol' Man Keith's helpful hint, I once again got today's answer on the first try! I can't tell you how happy that makes me!

Wordle 438 1/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Made my day! Thank you so much!

Misty said...

Hope Dave made it safely to Miami, Ol' Man Keith, even if Hal was totally unhelpful to him. Delightful haiku, as always.

Wilbur, I'm afraid I didn't get your hint until after I got it from Keith and posted it.
I should have thought about your posting more carefully. But it's great to see you here today, with no visit yet from either Owen or CanadianEh!

Wilbur Charles said...

Misty I generally throw a hint out when I post my Wordle result.

And as I've said, when applicable I start with a J

Wilbur Charles said...

Clortimizol(sic) to the rescue on this Wordle 439 3/6

🟩🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟩⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

You know my methods.

WC