All hints are in the comments!

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Jan. 19, 2020 Sunday

|| elude, husky, famish, uncurl, (in a) "slush" fund.  || decode, honcho, quiver, intact, absurd, gossip, "heir" (their) grievances.
Image from the Internet.

The opening poem contains all the words (or variations of them) from today's Jumble.
Comments are welcomed!
Do not explicitly reveal any of the actual answer words until after closing time, but embedding them surreptitiously in comment sentences is encouraged.

5 comments:

Misty said...

Challenging Sunday puzzle, and I was looking forward to getting help with the fourth and fifth word from Owen's poem. But no postings on our Jumble blog this morning--zero, nada--just me (and, heaven knows, I'm no help at all). So I had to cheat and look up the missing words, one of which perfectly described my problems this morning. And even with those I couldn't get the perfectly obvious solution (well, hey, that was a very long second word). So I wish you all a much better Sunday, and, Owen, we miss you.

Wilbur Charles said...

Just as well. I can't GROK the riddle-solution. I got the six J's. Perfectly obvious second word, eh? Grievances just won't perp.

I'll be back

WC

Wilbur Charles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wilbur Charles said...

Misty, "Obvious" turned out to be the clue. #6 was NOT "SPIGOT". Hence I got my G. I had a lot of work left to figure out the remaining letters since I tend to make a mess.
.
I wanted to say AIR but that didn't fit.

OMK will come up with something to go with Cheer their Glee Faces.

Misty said...

Wilbur, that's actually a pretty clever OMK-like gloss on the solution. Good for you!