All hints are in the comments!

Saturday, August 20, 2022

20 Aug. 2022

Please go to
𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖌𝖔 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖚𝖓𝖊 - Mon. thru Sat. or
𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖌𝖔 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖚𝖓𝖊 - Sunday
for today's Jumble, Printable or Interactive. Then return here to discuss it! This 𝕮.𝕿. site was available from 6:00 pm yesterday (Mountain Time).
Monday thru Saturday, but not Sunday, you will also find a Printable version at the A𝖗k𝖆𝖓𝖘𝖆𝖘 𝕯𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖈𝖗𝖆𝖙-𝕲𝖆𝖟𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖊 , from about ~11 pm (MT) yesterday.
A color Interactive version is available from 3 am (MT) today at the 𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖌𝖔 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖚𝖓𝖊

Image(s) from the Internet.
The opening poem contains all the words (or variations of them) from today's Jumble.
Comments are welcomed! And couching them in Poetry is NOT required.

Since August 2022, Wordle brags and links to original jigsaw puzzles are also welcomed!

Do not explicitly reveal any of the actual Jumble or Wordle answer words until after closing time, but embedding them surreptitiously in comment sentences is encouraged.

9 comments:

Ol' Man Keith said...

Today’s Jumble haiku:
A freezing wave came over the bow and flooded the boat’s ballroom.
One wave was followed by another. The result is known as…

Ship’s Gobs Agape!

The cruise ship band: its
teeth were swept to sea! It was
a ripple effect.
~ OMK

Misty said...

"Remorse and Recovery"

The bandit was quite candid:
his job, he couldn't stand it.
Looking at all the things he had swept
made him feel guilty and inept.
Bad memories through his brain did ripple
and almost caused him to drink and tipple.
They included memories of his youth,
when he stole an elephant tooth.
And so his profession he did escape:
he's now honest and in tip-top shape.

Ol' Man Keith said...

Shades of Poe! Of Dostoyevsky!
Like them, Misty, your amusing verse sees the “bandit”’s psyche as persistent punishment.
Harrowing.
His “bad memories” must really have tormented him, to have him finally escape into a life of honesty.
(Glad to see he avoided drink too.)

But what about his debt to society? And to elephant dentistry?!
But I congratulate you—for making the word “bandit” work in combination with those other J-words. I had to cheat a little…
~ OMK
____________
PS.
I will post a W hint for you later if you like, but I want to give CEh! a chance to post hers first.
Wilbur already did his (#427) last night.

Misty said...

Very dramatic haiku this morning, Ol' Man Keith--but how could the crew ship's band have its "teeth" swept to sea. Metaphor for ___?

Many thanks for your kind response to my verse. And I'm already looking forward to your Wordle hint!

Ol' Man Keith said...

Misty ~ Looks like CEh! may not post today.
Let me give her another half hour--& then I'll post my hint.

You asked how my band lost their teeth?
I figure the waves just gob-smacked 'em.

Isn't it great what fiction can achieve?
~ OMK

Ol' Man Keith said...

Wordle 427 Hint: A noun and a verb; to take a friend to dinner.
Par = 2
Wordle 427 2/6

⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
~ OMK

Misty said...

Woohoo! Your Wordle hint was completely perfect, OMK--thank you, thank you so much!

Got it at my first try:

Wordle 427 1/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Woohoo!

Ol' Man Keith said...

Glad it worked so well, you could beat me--
... with a birdie all your own.

I tried to be too fancy on level one.
~ OMK

Wilbur Charles said...

Three choices for #1Wordle 428 4/6

⬛🟩⬛🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I may have rushed it

WC

BTW, sorry I'm so late but I was wrestling with the Saturday xword off and on all day(and I started last night)

B,W,H after T failed.