All hints are in the comments!

Thursday, October 6, 2022

15 Oct. 2022

Please go to
𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖌𝖔 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖚𝖓𝖊 - Mon. thru Sat. or
𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖌𝖔 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖚𝖓𝖊 - Sunday
for today's Jumble, Printable or Interactive. Then return here to discuss it! This 𝕮.𝕿. site was available from 6:00 pm yesterday (Mountain Time).
Monday thru Saturday, but not Sunday, you will also find a Printable version at the A𝖗k𝖆𝖓𝖘𝖆𝖘 𝕯𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖈𝖗𝖆𝖙-𝕲𝖆𝖟𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖊 , from about ~11 pm (MT) yesterday.
A color Interactive version is available from 3 am (MT) today at the 𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖌𝖔 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖚𝖓𝖊

Image(s) from the Internet.
The opening poem contains all the words (or variations of them) from today's Jumble.
Comments are welcomed! And couching them in Poetry is NOT required.

Since August 2022, Wordle brags and links to original jigsaw puzzles are also welcomed!

Do not explicitly reveal any of the actual Jumble or Wordle answer words until after closing time, but embedding them surreptitiously in comment sentences is encouraged.

8 comments:

Ol' Man Keith said...

Michael Crichton wrote about fossils and bits of dinos preserved in amber as the basis for reviving (or re-creating) old-time critters.
Amber, a hard, translucent substance, was once composed of viscous syrups or…

Coats of Gum…

That famous novel
upended thoughts of cloning
fossils. Scary thoughts.
~ OMK

Misty said...

"Election Selection"

The elderly candidate was famous,
so his election created much fuss.
His followers were keen to defend him
and prevent any efforts to upend him.
His opponents did their best to jostle
young voters to consider him a fossil.
And in the midst of all this squabble
the candidate was featured in a novel.
This made the election loads of fun
for the candidate's supporters, and he won.

CanadianEh! said...

I could have done Wordle in four guesses, but I avoided the duplicate letters. I should have known!
I see FLN that WC had the same problem.

Back later

Ol' Man Keith said...

Flirting with a dangerous topic, eh, Misty?
I mean Politics, of course.
But I guess it's all right, since you don't mention parties and you keep your narrator-opinion to yourself.

As I was reading your poem, I felt my tribal identity kicking in.
Your "elderly candidate" is old--and, by golly, so am I!
He is considered "a fossil." And I am too!
As your piece went on, I couldn't help but identify.
Clever poet that you are you saved my...
er, his--
or, um,
I mean OUR Victory until the very end!
Brilliant!
(I nearly jumped outta my chair.)
~ OMK

Ol' Man Keith said...

Wordle 15 Oct. ‘22, no hints used.
Par = 5
Wordle 483 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I agree, this was nasty. I went through **MPY & **RGO along the way.
~ OMK

CanadianEh! said...

Catch Me If You Can

The famous novelist
Became a fossilist,
Upending loads of shale,
And sorting with his pail.
It was more fun
Than anything he had done!

CanadianEh! said...

OMK- “cloning fossils” and memories of my kids watching (and Re watching) Jurassic Park. I was petrified, and they just laughed.

Misty- how great that your candidates’s experience was recognized, and he was re-elected.

OMK- you did well to solve Wordle in five guesses after your first two rows!

Ol' Man Keith said...

Thanks, CEh!
That's what makes Wordle so easy. Once we get on track (which usually takes one or two tries) it's a slide into home.

I liked the simplicity of your poem. The rhymes & rhythms are natural, and the sentiment--a mature novelist reverting to childhood--is sweet.
Thank you for it!
~ OMK