All hints are in the comments!

Monday, October 24, 2022

24 Oct. 2022

Please go to
𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖌𝖔 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖚𝖓𝖊 - Mon. thru Sat. or
𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖌𝖔 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖚𝖓𝖊 - Sunday
for today's Jumble, Printable or Interactive. Then return here to discuss it! This 𝕮.𝕿. site was available from 6:00 pm yesterday (Mountain Time).
Monday thru Saturday, but not Sunday, you will also find a Printable version at the A𝖗k𝖆𝖓𝖘𝖆𝖘 𝕯𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖈𝖗𝖆𝖙-𝕲𝖆𝖟𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖊 , from about ~11 pm (MT) yesterday.
A color Interactive version is available from 3 am (MT) today at the 𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖌𝖔 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖚𝖓𝖊

Image(s) from the Internet.
The opening poem contains all the words (or variations of them) from today's Jumble.
Comments are welcomed! And couching them in Poetry is NOT required.

Since August 2022, Wordle brags and links to original jigsaw puzzles are also welcomed!

Do not explicitly reveal any of the actual Jumble or Wordle answer words until after closing time, but embedding them surreptitiously in comment sentences is encouraged.

10 comments:

Ol' Man Keith said...

Today’s Jumble haiku:
(They’re Lycée athletes who enlisted together in the Foreign Legion, young gallants who became daring commandos. When they weren’t challenging one another to duels “off the books,” they bonded as brothers and tore into the enemy.
All hail to…)
Thee, War Band!
Le ‘Corps-Grande’!


They’d drink, then they fought,
evoking knights in their grace—
none too shabbily.
~ OMK

Ol' Man Keith said...

Wordle 24 Oct. ‘22
Par = 4
Wordle 492 3/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Common in CA
~ OMK

Wilbur Charles said...

Clever hint, OMK

Misty said...

"Past Pals"

The guys had known each other before
when, as boys, they lived next-door.
In school they were carefully taught
and so they never quarreled or fought.

In time one of them became a cabby,
but was poor and looked pretty shabby,
and when he lost his job and was broke,
it did his pal's kindness evoke.

Years later they met again, as they'd planned
and happily shook each other's hand.
The cabby now had a better job and did think
that it was time to buy his kind friend a drink.

Misty said...

Woohoo! I think I got today's Wordle on my third try! Woohoo!

Wordle 492 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Misty said...

Always love to track down the Jumble words in your morning haiku, Ol' Man Keith. And there they all were, with the solution buried in your title! Fun to find.

Looking forward to a verse from you today, too, Wilbur--and one also from CanadianEh!.

Ol' Man Keith said...

Interesting, isn’t it, Misty, how today’s J-words had us both tracking young men through a portion of their working lives?
I suppose your guys may enjoy longer stays on this planet than mine. Which do you imagine will win more girls?

How about a Wordle hint? Noblesse oblige!
~ OMK

Wilbur Charles said...

I've misplaced my puzzle insert. I'll look around for tbtimes tomorrow and pick an insert

Nobody will miss it

Misty it looks like you solved Wordle without hints

Notwithstanding "noblesse oblige" they were there

WC

Ol' Man Keith said...

I think Misty saw our hints, WC.
I am only suggesting--politely, I hope--that she leave a hint, especially when she does so well!
~ OMK

Misty said...

I saw your Wordle hints, OMK and Wilbur, but the first word they suggested to me didn't work. So then I had to start experimenting and that's how I came up with the answer on the third try. My new strategy is to try a word and then just work my way around the letters that have been marked as not part of the solution. Today that left only one or two possibilities by my third try today, and the one I chose worked.